Nothing says spring quite like these carrot cake pancakes! They are packed with protein, AND they have veggies in them. Not only are they delicious but they are super healthy too!
Makes 1 serving. For more servings, just multiply the recipe.
- 1/4 cup oats, ground into a flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 scoop NM Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup grated/shredded carrots
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Stevia to taste
- dollop of vanilla greek yogurt + chopped walnuts or 2 tsp of almond butter.
1. Grind 1/4 cup of oats in a blender until it makes a fine flour.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until just combined.
3. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Spray the skillet with nonstick cooking spray or lightly butter/oil.
4. Pour the batter onto the skillet and cook on each side 2-3 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Remove from heat and top with greek yogurt/nut butter