Water, H2O. We all know we need to be drinking a lot of it every day, but let's face it: sometimes it gets a little boring.
Instead of reaching for a sugary juice or sports drink (or soda) when you need something more satisfying than water, there are plenty of natural and healthy ways that you can spice up your water!
Adding fresh or even frozen fruits like berries, lemons, oranges, and cucumbers can really go a long way in terms of flavoring your water. It doesn't have to be complicated, think of combinations of fruits and/or herbs you like and go from there.
- Softer fruits like citrus fruits and berries can be sliced any way. Harder fruits like apples should be sliced thinly because they take longer to release flavors.
- For herbs, crush fibrous ginger root, rosemary, and lemongrass. Tear leafy herbs like mint, basil, and cilantro to release their oils.
- Try cucumber and mint for a bloat blasting mix.
- Try watermelon and mint to soothe stomach discomfort
- Other good combinations include: 1. strawberries & lemon slices and/or lemon juice. 2. Oranges & fresh cilantro leaves
Seltzer is a good replacement for water if you are a soda fan. You still get the carbonation and some flavor, without the downside of artificial colors, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or artificial sweeteners. There are hundreds of flavors to choose from and you can also infuse them with fruit and herbs to enhance the flavor more.
3. Herbal Teas
Herbal teas are naturally caffeine free and can therefore count towards your water intake for the day. Herbal teas provide tons of benefits and remedies beyond just hydration, and they can be enjoyed hot or iced.
some common healing herbal teas:
- Passion flower Tea—contains flavonoids and alkaloids that help insomnia as well as stress & anxiety
- Chamomile Tea - Relaxes the mind and is also anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal and can relieve digestive discomfort, IBS, and colitis symptoms.
- Peppermint Tea can help soothe stomach muscles and various irritable bowel conditions
- Hawthorn tea is noted for its antioxidant and medicinal properties. The antioxidants in the tea can improve blood circulation and prevent plaque build-up in the arteries, preventing cardiovascular diseases.
Any of the Nutrish Mixes can be mixed into your water (or seltzer) to enhance flavor and nutrients.
tastes like: apples & cinnamon
Contains lots of veggies, perfect for when you're lacking on your veggie intake!
tastes like: strawberry
Perfect for people who suffer from fatigue, or just want more energy. Contains no caffeine
Tastes like: orange
Contains immune boosting ingredients, perfect for people who get sick often or work in "germy" areas like doctors offices, schools, etc.
tastes like: berry
Contains anti-aging properties, perfect for preserving that youthful glow or clearing up your skin. Also great for ladies going through menopause!
To find out which Mix is best for you click here