When in doubt about what to do with your overripe bananas, make banana bread! This banana bread is made with whole wheat flour, coconut sugar/stevia instead of regular sugar, and just the right amount of butter for flavor!
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar or Lakanto Brand monkfruit for sugar free alternative
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia baking blend (Pyure or Truvia)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (loosely packed)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- Grease a standard 9x5'' loaf pan and preheat oven to 350
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar, (or monkfruit), stevia, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Gently stir in melted butter. Don’t overmix, pour into loaf pan and optionally top with Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from loaf pan