When in doubt about what to do with your overripe bananas, make banana bread! There are infinite banana bread recipes out there, we know. But this banana bread happens to be both 100% nutritious and 100% delicious!
Here are the perks of THIS banana bread recipe:
- 100% whole grain. Made with whole wheat flour in place of white flour. Higher fiber, higher nutrition content.
- Refined sugar free. This recipe uses coconut sugar and stevia for those who are cautious of refined sugar intake
- Less butter makes the final result lower in calories but still packs the buttery flavor
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar, or Maple Syrup or Honey (for sugar free: Lakanto golden monkfruit or Swerve Brown Sugar Blend)
- 2 Tablespoons Stevia baking blend (or 2 stevia packets)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (loosely packed)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- Grease a standard 9x5'' loaf pan and preheat oven to 350
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add egg, vanilla, brown sugar, (or monkfruit), stevia, and cinnamon and stir well to combine.
- In a separate small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Gently stir in melted butter. Don’t overmix, pour into loaf pan and optionally top with Lily’s stevia sweetened chocolate chips or chopped walnuts
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from loaf pan