No, your eyes are not fooling you. This decadent mini cake is completely healthy. And yes, it actually tastes like real cake. Packed with protein and all nutritious ingredients, this is a cake you can really feel good about, even for breakfast!
Protein Chocolate Cake
yields 2 servings
- 1 scoop NutrishMish chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (14g, weigh it out for best results)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Truvia spoonable/ baking stevia (or any sweetener of choice to taste)
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (any %)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray two oven safe bowls/ round pyrex baking dishes (about 5'' diameter each)
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined
- Divide batter between the two baking dishes and bake for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean
- Let cool completely, then remove cakes from dishes and decorate to your liking.
- plain greek yogurt, optionally mixed with a little protein powder, sweetened to taste
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, add milk of choice slowly, mixing thoroughly until it becomes icing/ganache consistency, then sweeten to taste.
Have fun with your decorating! Top with chopped nuts, fruit, sprinkles for good measure, get creative!
Cutting the cake in half gives you a good portion, but incase you were curious, the ENTIRE cake (without frosting/toppings) totals to 301 calories, 7.5g fat, 10.5g carb (not including fiber, which is 8.5g), and 42.5g protein !
For half of the cake: approx. 150 calories, 4g fat, 5g carb, 4g fiber, 21g protein
Happy baking! 🙂