If you want a protein cookie that isn't full of junk and doesn't taste like cardboard, this is it! All the deliciousness of a cookie, packed with protein, and low in carbs. This is a mid-afternoon cookie you can feel great about eating!
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 - 3/4 scoop NM protein powder
- 1.5 tbsp nut butter of choice: almond, cashew, or peanut
- 2-3 tsp honey, or sweetener of choice
- dash salt
- 1-2 tbsp milk of choice
- drop of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, protein powder, and dash of salt and mix together until there are no clumps.
3. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt your nut butter for about 10 seconds in the microwave with honey and stir to combine. Stir in your vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet mixture in with the dry and mix until a crumbly texture remains. Then using a half tbsp at a time, add milk of choice until a thick cookie dough ball is achieved.
5. Form the batter into a ball and press down into a cookie shape on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Top with optional sprinkles and
6. bake for 8-12 minutes- 8 minutes for extra soft and chewy or 12 for crunchier cookie.
Remove from oven and allow to cool before digging in!
Chocolate almond: use chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp almond butter as the nut butter, and stir in 1 tbsp chopped almonds after dough is formed
Birthday cake: use vanilla protein powder, 1.5 tbsp tbsp cashew butter, dash of butter extract, and stir in rainbow sprinkles when dough is formed
Oatmeal Cookie: use vanilla protein powder, 1.5 tbsp cashew butter, use only 1 tbsp coconut flour instead of 2, and add 2 tbsp rolled oats or quick oats to the dough. Add choc chips or raisins.
Chocolate PB: use chocolate protein powder and 1.5 tbsp peanut butter
Snickerdoodle: use vanilla protein powder, 1.5 tbsp almond butter, and add about a tsp of cinnamon in with the dry ingredients
Chocolate chip: use vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp almond butter or cashew butter, stir in dark choc chips when dough is formed
Peanut butter: use vanilla protein powder, and 1.5 tbsp peanut butter
Double chocolate chunk: use chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp almond butter, stir in dark chocolate chips