Welcome! We're giving you a peak inside of our kitchens, where all the magic happens. Here are each of our favorite 5 ingredients we always have on hand, and how we use them!
1. Thin Sliced Frozen Chicken Breast- Carbs are always ready to go, so having a protein handy is key! Thinly sliced chicken breast defrosts fast and cooks quickly
2. NM Protein Powder- So often I am running around and "don't have time" for a meal. I can always put together a protein shake quickly (it takes under a minute to make). The reason I use the NM Protein powder (obviously because it is mine), but I made it because it is difficult to find a protein powder that tastes good without artificial sweeteners
3. Frozen Side Dishes- Frozen cooked brown rice, chickpeas, lentils, and veggies are always in my freezer because we are busy! Just last night, realized I didn't have anything to go with the chicken I made so I mixed it with some frozen veggies and a little brown rice and it took less then 10 minutes
4. Water- I feel awful when I am dehydrated. I really notice a difference, my energy levels get low, and I get bad headaches
5. Fruit that is already prepped- I learned a long time ago if I put my produce in the fridge without it being washed, cut, etc...it will literally sit there all week. Before i put my produce away I got in the habit of having it all prepped so I can just grab it during the week!
2. chicken broth,
4. artichoke hearts, and
5. whole wheat flour to make chicken piccata!! It's our favorite go-to dinner!
1. Peanut butter: I could use this for any meal or snack, it's my go-to when I'm on the run
2. Frozen shrimp- when I need a quick protein that I can defrost and cook quickly
3. Protein powder, for shakes and for breakfast almost every morning because I'm usually on the run
4. 100 cal guacamole- they are an easy snack with veggies, or I spread it on a sandwich or mix it in with a salad
5. Red pepper flakes- I love flavorful and spicy foods. I add these to every dish to give it more flavor. I even put some on chicken before grilling it.
1. Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning blend: This blend adds amazing flavor to basically anything. My favorite way to use it is to sprinkle it on top of rice bowls or on avocado toast. Love!
2. Garlic, it's my favorite way to add flavor to dishes whether i season meat with it or sautee veggies in it. Never gets old.
3. Protein powder, for meals on the go or to use in baked goods. When I'm pressed for time, I make a protein shake or mix it into overnight oats. I also make homemade protein bars / baked goods for easy healthy snacks and desserts.
4. Frozen vegetables - Having veggies pre-cooked and frozen makes it much easier to include them in meals when I don't have time to cook.
5. Coconut flour, for baked goods. It's high in fiber and low in digestible carbohydrates, making for a great swap for grain flours. It lends a really great texture to cakes and other baked goods. It has a mild flavor so, depending on what you combine it with, you can't detect coconut flavor.
1. Cedar's balsamic caramelized onion hummus- on veggie burgers, with carrots, in salads.
2. Blueberries for shakes, yogurt, or as a poppable sweet snack.
3. Cashew butter- my favorite protein to put on waffles, pancakes, or Ezekiel bread.
4. Frozen veggies- makes the quickest and easiest stir fry.
5. Almonds for a quick snack, or to add crunch in yogurt