The first Sunday of February is coming ,which means SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!
Super bowl has a little something for everyone: sports, entertainment, and, of course, food! If you are on a diet, the thought of wings and beer can trigger some anxiety, BUT, if you are creating a lifestyle change, you know that super bowl (and parties in general) are a part of life, and it's totally fine to indulge during an event like this. Keep in mind, one day out of seven is not the majority of the week, so as long as you are back to your normal healthy self on Monday, super bowl will be a happy memory in your head, and not on your hips!
Here are some healthy tips and recipes to navigate the day:
- Eat a healthy nourishing breakfast the morning of Super bowl Sunday to start the day strong. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for a lot of reasons, partly because WHAT you have can definitely set you up for success for the rest of the day. Since you know you will be indulging later, make sure to pack the nutrients into breakfast so that you don’t have to worry about it later. A protein smoothie or a veggie omelette are a great way to start the day off.
- Eat before you go to the party. Keeping yourself satiated throughout thee day will prevent you from being RAVENOUS by time you get to the party, causing you to eat way more than you want to or need to.
- Be mindful of how alcohol stacks up Your best bets are spiked seltzers, vodka/club, vodka/club with a splash of ____, or wine spritzers. If you want to go for higher calorie drinks, limit it to one or two and then switch over to a lighter choice.
- Stay hydrated! Salty apps, alcohol, recipe for dehydration! Staying hydrated will help keep the bloat at bay and give you something to sip on when you don’t feel like munching or drinking alcohol just because.
- Hack your Hangover. Drink plenty of water the day of and next day to ward off a potential hangover. Or, take two Weekend Wakeup after drinking and you will wake up feeling a lot better than you deserve to (especially if you are over 30!) It works by combining natural herbs that facilitates liver detox, and prevent hangovers. Take before bed after drinking (with proper hydration) and you will wake up hangover-free on Monday! Grab it here
- DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT weigh yourself Monday. Here is why: sodium is like a sponge and super bowl food will be packed with salt. That salt will cause you to temporarily retain water for 24-48 hours after. The best thing to do is drink plenty of water the next day to help flush it out. If you want to speed up the process, you can banish the bloat in one hour with our Bloat Banisher supplement.
Loaded Sweet Potato Bites
Buffalo Cauliflower "Wings"
Hummus & Veggie Rollups
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Dairy Free Queso Dip
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Tahini
Work with us: Request a complimentary consultation: