For one serving:
-1 medium apple (yellow delicious, McIntosh, HoneyCrisp, or Fuji)
-2 tbsp chopped walnuts, pecans or pumpkin seeds
-1 tsp grass fed butter
-1/4 tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg (or 1/2 tsp apple pie spice)
-1/4 cup water
- Preheat air fryer to 350° F.
- Cut the apple in half around the upper middle portion and spoon out some of the inside.
- Place the apple or pear in bottom of air fryer (remove grate)
- In a small bowl, combine butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and nuts
- Spoon this mixture into the centers of the apple half
- Pour water into the bottom of the pan
- Bake for 20 minutes.
*Pairs well with pork chops or roasted chicken